Exceptional transport or abnormal transport applies to loads that exceed the normal legal maximum dimensions and weights for a ‘normal’ transport. In this sector Nooteboom is a leader in innovating and manufacturing appropriate, high-quality solutions for the transport of any kind of abnormal load. The transport of abnormal loads with our advanced equipment requires a certain level of expertise and knowledge of the equipment, all the deviating regulatory requirements and of course a different style of driving on the road.The course Driver self-propelled equipment covers the safe and responsible transport of self-propelled equipment on semi low-loaders and low-loaders and/or drawbar trailers on the Dutch road network. We are talking about transports that require the driver to load and unload self-propelled or crawling equipment on the vehicle, using ramps, steel planking or wedges.
Driver self-propelled equipment experienced
Target group and admission requirements
Drivers with some experience of driving HGV combinations who want to gain competence in the transport of self-propelling equipment.
- Participants must have a valid driving licence C and E.
- Drivers must have a valid CCV-certificate of competence/code 95.
Content of the training
The training consists of theoretical and practical courses.
During the theoretical course the following subjects are covered:
- Legal requirements and regulations
- Exemptions; interpretation (reading) and applications
- Route selection, route investigation digital and live
- Vehicle selection/optimal configuration of the vehicle in combination with the load
- Cross-border transport
- Types of self-propelled equipment
The practical course covers the following:
- Configuration and initial check of the correct vehicle combination
- Technical aspects of the vehicle or draw bar trailer
- Application of legal rules and regulations
- Driving the self-propelled equipment, access platforms, telescopic handlers and fork-lift trucks on the trailer
- Securing the load and checking the load
- Route check (digital)
- Driving the equipment
- Unloading the equipment him/herself
At the end of the training the participants take an exam and if they pass the trainees receive a diploma and certificate of competence in accordance with the Law on Working Conditions, which is valid for 5 years.
|Price||€ 395 per person excl. btw and excl. registration ccv.|
|Refresher course Code 95||7 hours|
|Duration of the training||1 day, including exam.|
|Training location||From V-TAS Bladel de routes are driven that are approved for the training and examination|
|In Company||From 2 candidates with an extra charge for the costs of the incidental exemption for the training route and vehicle.|
|Number of trainees||It is possible to sign up for the course with 2 candidates or more.|
|Starting date||For the actual starting date please refer to our agenda at www.v-tas.com. If an appropriate date is not scheduled, a suitable solution can always be agreed upon.|
|Subsidy options||V-TAS is a training centre approved by: SOOB – OOM – Colland – KMO Portefeuille.|
Further information about the training
For further information about these or any other training courses, tailored advice, a quotation, registration and for any other questions you may have, please contact one of the specialists of the V-TAS-training centre.
They will be happy to help you to make the right choice or if required they will give you correct and up-to-date answers to your questions. To contact them please use the form below.