Nooteboom complies in all cases with the applicable privacy laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (AVG). This means that in any case we:
- limit the processing of your personal data to only those data which are needed for the purposes for which they are processed;
- will ask for your explicit consent if it is needed to process your personal data;
- have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data;
- do no pass on personal data to third parties, unless this is necessary for the application of the purposes for which they were transmitted.
- will make you aware of the rights you have regarding the processing of your personal data.
What personal data do we process?
We process the personal data you have transmitted to us, for instance in the context of products and/or services delivered to you or were obtained by us because you used our website, filled out a contact form or subscribed to our newsletter. The personal data from you that we process can include the following:
- your name
- your address
- contact details, such as your phone number and email address
- other data, such as details about your account at Twitter, LinkedIn or other social media
- the IP-address of the computer you used to visit our website (see also our cookie statement)
We use your personal data for a number of different purposes. They are as follows.
- a) The performance of a contract.
When you enter into a contract with us we ask for your contact details. These may also be used for invoicing.
- b) Maintaining contact with you.
Your contact details are kept in our customer system and may be used, among other things, for sending newsletters, updates, invitations to events and seminars and to send information requested by you.
- c) To improve our product/services information and to conduct targeted marketing actions.
We like to provide you with relevant information. For that purpose we analyse the following data:
- i) Interaction data: Personal data obtained from contact between Nooteboom and you, for instance via our website.
- iii) To analyse the use of our website.
The user statistics enable us to gain insight in e.g. the number of visitors, the duration of their visit and which pages of the website are viewed. It concerns gathering generic data, without information about persons. We use the information obtained to improve our website.
- iv) Improving our website and making it secure.
Legal basis of the processing
We only process personal data if there is a legal basis for it. The legal bases by virtue of which we process personal data are:
- on the basis of an agreement or in the run-up to the conclusion of an agreement.
- a legitimate interest
If we have asked for your consent to process your personal data and you have granted this consent, you are always entitled to withdraw this consent at any time.
Agreement or in the run-up to the conclusion of an agreement
If you entered into an agreement with us we will process your personal data if and insofar this is necessary to complete the assignment.
We may also process personal data if we have a legitimate interest and in doing so we are not disproportionally violating your privacy. For instance, we may use your contact details to invite you to relevant meetings.
Third parties engaged by us (processors)
We may engage service providers (processors) to – on our behalf only – process your personal data. We conclude a processing contract with these processors. This processing contract stipulates, among other things, that the processors act solely on our instructions and may not use the personal details for their own purposes.
Processors we may use are parties that provide and host the software used by us. We also engage ICT service providers to manage our IT network. We also use the service of third parties for the distribution of newsletters.
Provision of personal data to third parties
For the purpose of our service provision it may be necessary to share personal data. Your personal data are not shared with third parties for commercial purposes.
To send out email newsletters we use service providers (processors) from outside the European Economic Area (EEA). These parties guarantee a suitable level of protection of personal data. In our contractual relationship with this processor we use model contracts that are approved by the European Commission (Decision 2010/87 / EU) as providing adequate protection.
Pursuant to the law every person can exercise certain rights with respect to his or her personal data. For instance, you have the right to demand inspection, rectification and or removal of personal data. You may also object to the use of your details or ask to limit this use. In certain cases you can even retrieve your data and transfer them to another party. For all of these questions, please contact us.
Job application via Nooteboom Trailers website
By applying, the applicant grants permission to Nooteboom Trailers B.V. that his or her job application details are retained during the application procedure. Nooteboom Trailers B.V. will destroy this data no later than 1 year after the termination of the application procedure.
We keep your personal data as long as we need them for the purpose for which we obtained them, unless a statuary retention period applies.
If you have any complaints about the way we use your personal data, you can contact us. We will be happy to help you finding a solution. If this should be unsuccessful you always have the option to contact the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens (Dutch data protection authority).